Hack # 1.
|Fresh herb vase.|
I like having fresh herbs on the counter, ready to use and use up. All you need is a flair top vase, an empty milk jug, a piece of paper, a sharpie and a pair of scissors.
1. Trace the outline of the vase on the paper, then cut it out.
2. Cut the milk jug apart and keep a flat side piece, trace the cut out onto the plastic.
3. Cut out the shape traced on the plastic piece, cutting inside the lines. Test fit and trim as needed.
4. Fill vase with water, add the divider and fresh herbs.
Unfortunately, the cilantro could not be saved, but this won't happen again!
Hack # 2.
I use our grain mill to turn lentils into flour. If you wish, you can also make lentil flour in a coffee grinder kept for that purpose. Lentil flour is high in protein and fiber. It is also a great thickener for soup and stew in place of flour or cornstarch.
To bake with lentil flour, simply place a spoonful into the bottom of the measuring cup when measuring flour for a recipe. Bake as the recipe directs you won't need new recipes. A spoonful in a cup of flour will not noticeably affect the finished product except to increase the nutritional value.
Hack # 3.
You know those little frames left over when you punch our your insurance card? They make great dry wipe bookmarks, it is real easy, take a peek!
|Dry Wipe Bookmarks.|
1. Cut off the portion where the insurance card was removed.
2. Cut a design in the center to allow clipping over a page, I used a simple oval in the center,
rounding off the corners.
3. Dry wipe pens will write notes or labels as needed.
4. With the plastic coating, they clean up easy with a dry cloth or tissue.
What kind of hacks do you use? I would love to hear about them.
If you like what you see here, we would appreciate it if you told your friends (we would love more followers!), if not, tell us. Our goal is to share relevant information that you will use and enjoy.
And now, it is very easy to sign up forOur Sunday Cafe posts by email. You will find the form located in the left sidebar, thank you for subscribing!
this post shared with:
waste less wednesday @ skip the bag
wonderful wednesdays @ 2 chicks and a mom
homestead blog hop 116 @ not so modern housewife
homesteader hop 35 @ homesteading with heart
full plate thursday @ miz helens
simple homestead blog hop 85 @ oak hill
weekend potluck @ mommys kitchen
pretty pinterest 138 @ annies noms
friday favorites @ pennies passion
funtastic friday @ olives and okra
foodie friday friends @ walking on sunshine
friendship friday @ create with joy
foodie friday @ rattlebridge farm
weekend cooking @ beth fish reads
the art of homemaking mondays @ strangers and pilgrims